Mudita store is a reseller store for various tech and electronic products from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) such as Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo, MSI, Asus, Apple, Razer, Logitech, Canon, and Brother, etc. to name a few. As a matter of fact, the warranty terms and conditions provided vary as per the rules and regulations of the brands for different products. Though all laptop and IT hardware manufacturers provide a warranty on the products they sell, the conditions for the effectiveness of the warranty provided might not have equal promised value. As standard warranties provided by various companies are dense and full of jargon, very few go through the terms and conditions. Most of the warranties provided by these manufacturers are repairable warranties and replacement warranties of defective components. To clear the confusion, we have shortlisted the conditions under which warranty is/is not provided to the purchaser.
The standard warranty covers the defects in hardware and workmanship in branded hardware products including branded peripheral products as set forth in the warranty conditions.
Make sure the warranty of the product you purchase from the representative at the store is also stated on the warranty card provided to the customer at the time of purchase.
The warranty provided by the majority of the manufacturers is the parts replacement warranty where the damaged part is replaced with the equivalent or superior part if all the warranty conditions. For instance, if the defect is not a result of physical breakage, improper installation or connections, electrical faults external to the product, software-induced problems (e.g. Virus attacks), abuse, or unauthorized modification of the product.
Warranty shall be rendered null and void if:
- The valid invoice of the purchase as well as the warranty certificate is not attached with the product. ( Factory seal or company seal, date and serial number must be visible and unaltered)
- If the product is physically damaged.
- If the product is modified, maintained, or repaired by an unauthorized party.
- If the product is upgraded, installed, maintained, and operated in ways other than recommended.
- In case the model number, serial number, warranty stickers have been removed or tampered with.
- Damage caused due to acts of God and force majeure is not covered by warranty.
- Electrical faults, earthquake, flood, liquid contact, accidents.
Also, No warranty for:
- The cracked glass panel on the monitor, LCD screen and too much pressure exerted on the LCD.
- Plastic parts
- Defect or Damage caused due to virus attack.
- Parts requiring replacement due to normal wear and tear, corrosion, rust, stain, etc.
- Warranty doesn’t cover the bundled accessories delivered together with the product such as cables, bags, mouse, etc.
- Damage or loss of any program, data, or removable storage media including any consequential loss or damage. (User must back up all their important personal, confidential, and proprietary information before sending for warranty).
- No warranty for software alteration, third-party software, reload or reset of software, software configuration, and any loss of data. Damage caused due to improper bios update, the forgotten password is not covered under the warranty.
- Claims arising from any unacceptable use or care of the product, including misuse, abuse, negligence, unauthorized modification or repair, unauthorized commercial use, or any operation of the product.
- In case of major hardware failure, the company might take up to 3-5 weeks for repairing and dispatching the product.
- No warranty for batteries in case backup is reduced. All rechargeable batteries are considered to lose capacity over time and this is not considered a defect. Actual battery life will vary depending on the conditions in which it is used. Don’t keep the product on power if it is not in use after the charge is full.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring the proper packaging of the product sent for warranty claims. Customers will have to bear the damages and loss caused if not sent properly.
- Despite the highest possible standards, the intricate manufacturing of the thin film transistor (TFT), liquid crystal display (LCD) screen may produce slight visual imperfection. These visual imperfections don’t impair the performance of the product. Make sure of the dead pixels within 5 days of the product purchase if not majority of the companies ask for more than 5 dead pixels (bright pixel and dark pixel) for warranty claim.
- If the warranty is lapsed or considered void, all the expenses are to be borne by the customer, and the request of warranty claimed will be deemed “Out of Warranty”. (OOW)
- If the customer does not agree to repair the product, the product will be returned via the agreed RMA (return merchandise authorization) method.
- Warranty is non-transferable and change of mind is not applicable for warranty.
Warranty terms and condition listed here is subject to change without any prior notice. Also, check the warranty terms and conditions of the brand you’ve purchased for further clarification.
Replacement and Refund Policy:
- Replacement or Refund for a new product within 5 working days: if the product incurs a breakdown or faults within 5 days of the purchase referring as “Dead on arrival” and must return with the complete original package and accessories attached with the invoice and warranty card. However, any kind of mishandling is considered void as per the conditions mentioned in “Warranty Policy”.
- In case the customer is not willing to take the same or a similar product, the refund will be made within 3 days via the same mode of payment made by the customer. (Product will be checked for conditions resulting warranty void stated in warranty policy)
- No extra charges will be deducted in the name of shipping and handling fees.
- Product received for refund and exchange will be given a receipt (both physical and email) with all the information and product received along. Make sure details received regarding the charger, bag, etc. are well mentioned. For things that are not replaced charges will be deducted equivalently to the cost of the product.
- After the “No question raised return window period” expires, the product must abide by the warranty procedure for the remaining time period as mentioned in the warranty card.